Friday 8 March 2013

Digipak: Idea 1 Developed




Above is my first idea that I have taken to the computer and created digitally. I have only done this as a mock up just to get a picture of the final result. Overall I really like it as it follows the key convention of album covers. For the genre of dance is is difficult to follow any set rule of which you must follow when creating a design for an album cover so when I choose this I wanted it to be stylised and sharp so it would appeal to the majority of stylish audiences. I want the design to be transferable so people could understand it, be suitable to print on other merchandise (i.e. t-shirts) and also look its place in the dance music world among stylistic DJ's like Calvin Harris and Avicii. This was my sole purpose for creating this design. Overall I think it works well and I am debating whether to use this over my other idea. I have made sure I have not only got the look right but I have all the necessary convention, i.e. the track names on the back, the legal info on the back, the distributing and company logos and also the bar code. These are essential to a albums design because it is a legal requirement for CD's to have this information. Overall I am very happy with my designs and want to do a survey to my target audience to get a final decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment