Thursday 27 September 2012

Journal One

This week has been essential for learning the primary knowledge of the music industry and the video that are produced within in. The first task in which I had to complete was a case study on a famous recording artist that has built a style and image through the way in which they dress, perform and shown through their videos. I decided to look at Coldplay as they have a unique placement in the music industry and have not change that much from their first album to the last. This made it very interesting to look at as it twist what is commonly stereotyped within the industry of manufactured artists. When then had to research a music video director Melina Mestruka within the industry. This helped me understand that all directors bring a new style to the genre of the music they are creating videos for. This hat I need to consider when I start to create my own videos. The range of help theorist that talk about this industry is amazing and looking at some of the greats like Goodwin and Adorno and Horkheimer and there influences on the music world. Goodwin helped me understand the key elements that are featured in music videos. This is something that I want to apply to my music video or in another case go against it. The theory by Adorno and Horkheimer was very interest for me as it helped my understanding of the music industry and how a lot of the time the music and artist that are produced are all manufactured by record labels but also us as a public. This is something I want to apply my work as it will help it become a better video.

No comments:

Post a Comment